Newsletter Writing: Retain More Clients for Life
A successful newsletter doesn't just 'happen'. Quality newsletters are composed of very specific elements that engage and retain an audience. Without them, you might as well be sending your clients a comic book.
According to the Harvard Business Review, 91% of small businesses do absolutely nothing to retain their existing clients. That means only 9% of small business owners 'get' these facts:
The average American business loses 50% of its customer base every 5 years.
An existing customer spends an average of 67% more than new customers.
It costs 7 to 9 times more to acquire a new customer than it does to retain an old one. Mailing a monthly newsletter can eliminate all of these problems -- if you do it correctly.
A successful newsletter doesn't just 'happen'. It's composed of very specific elements. Without them, you might as well be sending your clients a comic book.
7 Elements Your Newsletter Must Have If You Want to Retain More Clients
1. Content that IS NOT all about you. Many businesses feel compelled to tell everyone how wonderful they are. Forget it. People don't like braggers. Instead, feature content that is interesting and useful. When you've engaged your reader with articles they actually want to read, you'll have earned their trust and respect. This will lead to more sales.
2. Exciting, new and original content. Your readers should look forward to your newsletters each month. If your articles are boring, people will stop reading -- and you won't get any of the benefits that sending a regular newsletter can bring.
3. Sense of professionalism. Your newsletter is an extension of your businesses. You pride yourself on providing personal, professional service or selling quality products. Your newsletters must match your reputation. Make sure there are no spelling mistakes. Write appealing articles. Have an attractive layout design. Print your newsletter on high-quality paper. If it looks like it was published by your 7th grader, you've wasted your time and money.
4. Personal touch. Continue the initial connection you made with your client by revealing a little about yourself in your newsletter. A personal touch will get your newsletter remembered and enhance your image as an expert. Some people choose to reveal something about their personal lives (maybe they play golf or went on a vacation) or share tidbits about their families.
5. Offers and calls to action. You should give people a reason to act NOW. If they wait, they'll probably do nothing. So make a special offer available only for your clients. And place a deadline on it, for example, for one month only. Changing your offer each month will also help you track the effectiveness of your newsletter -- you'll easily see who buys and who buys consistently.
6. Consistency. Many businesses try to save money and send their newsletters quarterly or even semiannually. Don't bother, if that's you. You're wasting your time and money. Sending your newsletter out every month just like your clients favorite magazines will help make your newsletter part of your client's daily lives.
7. Print it. Yeah, yeah, yeah. printed newsletters are more expensive. But think about this: How many companies are willing to do this? Your clients aren't stupid. They understand the value of receiving a great newsletter every month. Plus, printed newsletters are more effective than email newsletters because:
They don't get caught in spam filters
Everyone is sick of being bombarded by content online.
Printed newsletters have a physical presence in someone's home. This means they are likely to be kept, acted upon in the future and will probably get passed on to others because they are viewed as literature. So put an end to your dwindling client base. Save tons of dollars by marketing to proven buyers.
Capture and keep customers that would love to spend their money with you forever. Just send your clients a proven marketing tool: A well-written monthly client newsletter.
David Gruttadaurio was sick and tired of wasting money on marketing that didn't work. So he searched for a profit-producing, client-retention & referral-generating tool until he found newsletter marketing! Now visit us below & get his FREE "Profit Exploding Newsletter Secrets Report" that reveals how to retain more clients and reclaim tons of money now simply with newsletters.
Subscribe to Pathway To Success
Since 2000 published to over 138,500 Subscribers in 94 countries every other Sunday, our Ezine helps its Readers to succeed in their online business, providing them with top webmaster resources, hot marketing tips, profitable business opportunities, FREE advertising, articles, motivational reading, FREE Web Lions' Library, Bonuses and more.
You can also add 'Pathway To Success' and 'Subscriber Corner' Articles to Your Yahoo and/or to my RSS Feed and/or Your MSN by clicking the respective images here:
Now you can receive Pathway directly on your Yahoo. You can subscribe by clicking the image on the right.
To check the current Issue,
please click here
Now you can read Pathway RSS Feed in Google's New Beta RSS Online Reader. You can read it online or subscribe by clicking the image on the right. It's Free.
Note: Download the above file, unzip and install. When you open a new browser window, the toolbar should be there. If not, please go to 'View', 'Toolbars' and you will see 'theCassiopeia's' - click on it and the toolbar will display.
Whenever there's a new item, an icon will blink. Click on it and it will take you straight to the information.
Now you can add Pathway To Success, Subscriber Corner and other Success Tools to your browser and read it the minute it's out and even send messages straight to my computer. The image on the right shows you what it looks like in your browser sidebar.
To add 'theCassi Top News', Click, hold and drag the link/image below and add it
to your 'Links' Bar or 'Favourites':